Soap Nuts Natural Laundry Soap
Soap Nuts come from the Sapindus Mukorossi, a tree grown in India. In fact, they are not actually nuts at all - they are non-edible fruits whose shells contain a high concentration of foaming saponin, or soap.
When added back to water, they release their resins, creating a mild yet effective cleaning solution without the use of chemicals - ideal for laundry.
Soap Nuts have been used for centuries in South East Asia, for decades in Europe, and more recently in North America.
Soap Nuts are
- Environmentally friendly
- Natural fabric softeners
- Safe for colours
- Safe for fine fabrics and cloth diapers
- Odour neutralizers
- Place 4-6 Soap Nuts into a small cotton bag (a sock will even do).
- Throw it in the washing machine with the laundry and wash as normal.
- Reuse this batch for about 4 loads of laundry (depending on water hardness).
- Compost the soap nuts when they are no longer useful.
Each order of soap nuts comes with a cotton muslin bag included. Extra cotton muslin bags available if needed.
We Also Recommend