White Cedar Shingles
These high quality Eastern white cedar shakes are the ideal material for long-lasting outdoor siding or roofing. Cedar contains natural oils that offer an exceptional resistance against, mould, decay, and insects. This is a natural alternative to chemically treated woods, or synthetic materials, that can be toxic and age badly.
The life of the wood can be extended by combining with Allback Linseed Oil Paint or Pine Tar Stain to give a beautiful finish that lasts - with little long-term maintenance and no peeling!
Available in two grades :
- Extra A for roofing (kiln dried)
- Clear B for siding (kiln dried)
* non-kiln dried "green" shingles available upon request
- Each Box covers ~25 sqft.
- Resquared and rebutted (RR) for straight and parallel installation
- Thickness: 3/8’’ (9.5 mm) at the butt; Length: 16’’ (40.6 cm); Width: from 3’’ to 12’’ (7.6 to 30.5 cm). SBC shingles of grade Extra “A” and Clear “B” have a minimum width of 3-7/16’’ (8.7 cm).
- Very good thermal insulating and acoustic property
- FSC, SFI or ISO-14001 certified forest
- Renewable resource